I’ve seriously debated sharing this post, but in the interest of disclosure….
I am thankful to have loving family and friends and have been scolded by most all of them.
- Yes, I know I’m old (only too well)
- Yes, I have a black eye.
- Yes, I’ve been to the ER where they poked and prodded, xrayed, EKGed, Cat scanned, blood worked, BPed, and on and on and….
- Yes, they’ve done almost every test known to man (and still have a couple more to come)
- Yes, I’m trying to take care of myself.
- Yes, I’m trying to be careful.
- Yes, I know I’m getting old and need to be even more careful.
- Yes, I’m very blessed it was no worse
- And yes…. sometimes things just happen that we don’t have control over.
- NO – they haven’t figured out why!
So to make a long story short, I fainted in my bathroom a couple of nights ago and hit my head on the counter. I’m a bit sore and look awful but annoyed more than anything.
I still have a couple of tests. MRI of my head today (they’ll probably find it’s empty). And in a couple of weeks wearing a Holter monitor for 48 hours.
So, here I am in all my black eyed glory…
It looks worse than it feels and I take terrible selfies – even in good circumstances! And no, I didn’t want the picture to be any larger than that 🙂
Oh my gosh, Iris! Thank you for sharing with us, yes we want to know (I speak for all of us>). Had you not been feeling well before you fainted? Did it just come out of the blue? It must have been so scary for you — this getting old isn’t easy is it? Please let us know how the tests come out — we’ll be thinking of you, and praying for you. Much love.
Thanks Jacki – I appreciate the kind words (and definitely the prayers). Ya’ll (Dock friends) have been with me through so much, and no, getting old is not easy! So far all tests have been negative. Just got home from the MRI (not fun). Had been feeling about the same. Been having some back problems and low energy – but this pretty much came out of the blue. Middle of the night, so half asleep anyway. Actually passed out again on Saturday morning after I was awake and up – but close to a chair this time and it didn’t… Read more »