I’ve seriously debated sharing this post, but in the interest of disclosure….
I am thankful to have loving family and friends and have been scolded by most all of them.
- Yes, I know I’m old (only too well)
- Yes, I have a black eye.
- Yes, I’ve been to the ER where they poked and prodded, xrayed, EKGed, Cat scanned, blood worked, BPed, and on and on and….
- Yes, they’ve done almost every test known to man (and still have a couple more to come)
- Yes, I’m trying to take care of myself.
- Yes, I’m trying to be careful.
- Yes, I know I’m getting old and need to be even more careful.
- Yes, I’m very blessed it was no worse
- And yes…. sometimes things just happen that we don’t have control over.
- NO – they haven’t figured out why!
So to make a long story short, I fainted in my bathroom a couple of nights ago and hit my head on the counter. I’m a bit sore and look awful but annoyed more than anything.
I still have a couple of tests. MRI of my head today (they’ll probably find it’s empty). And in a couple of weeks wearing a Holter monitor for 48 hours.
So, here I am in all my black eyed glory…
It looks worse than it feels and I take terrible selfies – even in good circumstances! And no, I didn’t want the picture to be any larger than that 🙂